Sunday, September 9, 2012

DIY for Fall

I absolutely love decorating for ALL holidays but I don't like spending a lot of money doing it. I have scanned Pinterest for hours looking for awesome DIY decorating ideas to save a few dollars here and there. My favorite project so far has been a yarn wreath! It was super easy to make and only cost $20 at Hobby Lobby when most premade wreaths are upwards of $40. 

To start the wreath project you will need two balls of yarn in seasonal appropriate colors or one ball if you would like to stick to one color. I found that the alternating colors gave the wreath a little more charm. A straw or foam wreath to wrap, and some seasonal decor.  I used some faux leaves and sprigs.  The longest part of this project was wrapping the yarn around the wreath tightly. I think it took about an hour and half to do this. Then I attached the leaves and pumpkins by wrapping more yarn around their sticks.  Finally I finished it with a ribbon and hung it on my front door! This is what it looks like hanging up in all of its glory: 


I hope you get a chance to tackle some Fall DIY projects this September! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I will try to respond to all comments!

Total Pageviews